ROME INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
ROME INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (RIDC)
Thinking about starting a new business or expanding an existing one in the City of Rome? If so, one of your very next steps should be to arrange a consultation with the Rome Industrial Development Corporation (RIDC). RIDC can help introduce you to a wealth of valuable economic development information that will help get your venture on the right track from the start. And, it is the only full-time economic development corporation working full-time, for the economic benefit of the entire City of Rome.
RIDC is a private sector, non-profit economic development corporation established in 1959. Governed by a board of directors consisting of community-minded local business people, and staffed by business-friendly professionals, RIDC's mission is "to maintain and improve the economic vitality and quality of life of the City of Rome and its environs by supporting, nurturing and encouraging its commercial, industrial and financial development".
RIDC operates several programs for economic development including the following:
- Business Financing — RIDC operates several revolving loan fund programs which can assist your business with financing for business expansion, and in some cases start-up. Favorable interest rates and terms are available. Proceeds can be used for real estate, equipment and working capital. In addition, RIDC works in very close cooperation with local commercial banks, Mohawk Valley EDGE, Mohawk Valley Economic Development District, Empire State Development, the New York Business Development Corporation, and the federal Small Business Administration, to help arrange the most advantageous financing package for your business expansion efforts. Tell us your plans and we'll help assemble the appropriate financing partners for your project.
- Building and Site Selection Assistance — If you need assistance in locating the right building or site for your business, RIDC can help you as it maintains a data base of available industrial and commercial facilities city-wide.
Building Available for Sale or Lease – 5780 Success Drive
52,000 square feet with an additional 1,100 square feet of office mezzanine. For more information, download the Building Specification Sheet (pdf) and check out its location on the Map.
- West Rome Industrial Park — RIDC was the developer of the area that is that is now the West Rome Industrial Park. Since that time, the Park has become the home of Niagara Mohawk, a National Grid Company; Griffith Energy; UPS; Cold Point Corporation; Nortek Powder Coatings; and Resident Shoppers Service. RIDC built and owns two of the buildings in the Park and leases them to Delta Hardwood Flooring, UPS and Cold Point Manufacturing.
- Business Assistance Networking — RIDC serves as a central location for "plugging-in" to the vast network of governmental, institutional and professional service providers that can all play a roll in the success of your business. A short list of local economic development partners includes:
- City of Rome Department of Planning and Community Development for its Fašade Improvement and Entrepreneur Assistance Program for Jobs;
- Mohawk Valley Community College-Rome Campus for business education programs and employee training services;
- Rome Area Chamber of Commerce for its area business promotional efforts, health insurance and member-to-member discount programs;
- Rome Main Streets Alliance for its efforts to reinvigorate downtown Rome.
- SCORE (Service Corp of Retired Executives) for its FREE, one-on-one, business counseling services, which are provided at the Rome Area Chamber of Commerce/RIDC offices, in cooperation with the US Small Business Administration.
- Small Business Development Center at SUNY - IT for its business plan development and business counseling services, which are provided on-site at RIDC's offices at 584 Phoenix Drive, by appointment.
- Working Solutions for employee recruitment and screening, On-The-Job Training, education; and human resource consulting.
THE CENTER OF IT ALL
Whether it's helping a new business start with a solid foundation, assisting an existing business expand, or working to attract new business to Rome, RIDC serves as a comprehensive resource for valuable economic development program services and information. Please call (315) 337-6360 for more information, or visit our website at www.romeny.org. We look forward to helping you grow your business in Rome, New York...the Center of It All!
For more information, contact:
Vice-President, Economic Development-Mohawk Valley EDGE
Secretary-Rome Industrial Development Corporation
584 Phoenix Driv, Rome, NY 13441
Tel: 315-338-0393 Ext 5508